My Life is Sport is the social community for those who live and breathe endurance events. We are an open community of like minded individuals and would like to keep it that way. Therefore, we have put together these guidelines so that everyone knows what they should and should not be doing.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of this acceptable use policy at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the changes to these website terms on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. Your continued use of the website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the acceptable use policy. It is your responsibility to regularly check the acceptable use policy to determine if there have been changes to the acceptable use policy and to review such changes.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive services provided on our site (interactive services to include, but not limited to, visualisation tools, Community elements, blogs, bulletin boards or forums), and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. The use of any of our interactive services by a person under the age of 16 is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
- Do share your knowledge/experiences. This is what makes My Life is Sport. When you post your stories, you inspire others and amuse them with your anecdotes. Here's what we've found: if you participate regularly, you'll feel more motivated.
- Do help others. People are looking for motivation, encouragement, and answers to their questions. Sometimes a few seconds of your time can make someone's day. If you can help others, then please do it. It'll come back to you, we promise.
- Do keep it clean, respect others. Please don't post any content that isn't "safe for work." If you'd feel embarrassed if your mum knew what you'd posted, then it probably isn't suitable. Remember to respect the opinions and differences of others – we don't always agree in our beliefs.
- Do give us feedback. This is your community. Therefore, we have set up a forum so you can discuss new ideas for the site with others or ask for help with something. We love getting feedback, so if you aren't getting what you need in the forums, feel free to contact us directly. (Thanks in advance for understanding that we're working as hard and as fast as we can on improving this site for you and that we won't always be able to get to things right away.)
- Do have fun! My Life is Sport is an active, friendly community. So go make training partners, share your experiences and give feedback to others. But above all, make sure that you're having fun!
WHAT YOUR SHOULDN’T DO
Just to be clear: we will remove your account for violating any of these. (Subject to level of infringement, we will probably give you one warning first)
- Don't cheat or deceive. Only you know your experiences & times and people trust you to report them accurately. So please be honest, accurate and genuine. Otherwise, what's the point?
- Don't demoralise others, encourage them. Everyone has to start somewhere. The My Life is Sport community includes people of all different abilities. Making fun of someone because of the pace they ran, rode or swam just isn't cool. Please encourage or give them constructive advice instead.
- Don't spam! Don't spam the community with commercial or other annoying things. If you'd be annoyed to receive it from someone else, they don't want to receive it from you. We know you have a great blog (we probably read it), but joining the site just to advertise is wrong. If you're answering a question, it's OK to link to something more in-depth, but make sure you sum up the main points in your answer too. No one wants to click through to read something you could have just said.
- Don't use the site for commercial purposes. Blatant advertising for a business, product, or service is not appropriate use of My Life is Sport. Please contact us if you have a commercial purpose or you're unsure about what is or isn't OK.
Don’t use the site to post any material that:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Lastly, don't be creepy, don't be a troll! You know who we're talking about. Don't be that person.