When you make payments through My Life is Sport, you agree to these Payment Terms.
MAKING PURCHASES DIRECTLY FROM MY LIFE IS SPORT:
1. When you confirm a transaction on My Life is Sport, you agree to be bound by and pay for that transaction.
2. Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, which you are responsible for paying.
3. Do not commit to a transaction unless you are ready to pay, because all sales are final.
4. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, your only remedy is to receive a refund of your purchase price.
5. You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
6. Even though we use terms like purchase, buy, sell, and order to talk about transactions related to Credits, you don't receive an ownership interest in those items.
7. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to any products or services sold on or through My Life is Sport.
We want to make payments convenient, so we allow you to make payments using a number of different payment sources, like credit cards and debit cards.
1. When you provide a payment source to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that payment source. You also authorise us to collect and store it, along with other related transaction information.
2. When you make a payment, you authorise us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the payment source you designate for the transaction.
3. If you pay by credit or debit card we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount up to the amount of the purchase. We will bill your card at the time of purchase or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, that pre-approval may result in your funds not otherwise being immediately available.
4. If you pay by debit card and your payment results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
Actions We May Take
As part of our effort to keep My Life is Sport safe, we may take certain actions to reduce liability for users and us.
1. We may make any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
2. We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates these Payments Terms or the Terms and Conditions, or we believe doing so may prevent financial loss.
3. We may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, limit payment sources for a transaction, limit your ability to make a payment and/or deactivate your account if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss.
4. We may contact your payment source issuer, law enforcement, or impacted third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
Disputes and Reversals
If you believe that an unauthorised or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all claims against us related to payments unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge.
You are responsible for and agree to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that you authorised or accepted.
We may intervene in disputes between users concerning payments but have no obligation to do so.
Your only remedy for a technical failure or interruption of service is to request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
1. When you purchase advertising on or through My Life is Sport, you agree to pay all amounts specified in the order, along with any applicable taxes.
2. You are responsible for maintaining your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any orders placed on or through your advertising account.
3. You can cancel an advertising order at any time, but your ads may run for several days after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for those ads.
4. Your order constitutes your written authorisation for us to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau. We may obtain your credit report when you place an order, or at any time thereafter.
5. It is your responsibility to remit any taxes that apply to your transactions. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
6. If you purchase advertising, and your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable legal fees. My Life is Sport will be entitled , without limiting any other rights it may have, to charge interest on the outstanding amount (both before and after judgment) at the rate of 5% above base rate of HSBC plc from the due date until the outstanding amount is paid in full.
MAKING PURCHASES INDIRECTLY FROM MY LIFE IS SPORT:
When we advertise a product for sale, (for example, if you have used our search capabilities to search for a product), we are not offering to sell that product. Instead, we are inviting you to make an offer to buy the product from the third party supplier who is advertising that product on our site.
What that also means is that the final contract for the product itself will be between you and that supplier. Not between you and us. There is a difference between the advertising services we provide (which involves the service of searching for the products) and the actual purchase of the product. Although you do not pay us (we get paid by receiving commission from our suppliers) the price you will pay will be the same as if you went to the suppliers direct.
In most cases this will mean that there are additional terms and conditions governing the contract for the purchase of the product as each supplier will have bespoke terms and conditions relating to the sale of its product. These will include terms relating to payment, delivery, returns etc.
Please make sure that you have read these terms and conditions before completing your transaction. All relevant terms and conditions will be available to you on the suppliers’ site through to which you will link once you a ready to buy.
As we act as a mere advertiser this will mean that we have no contractual liability to you in respect of the purchase of a product. If there is a problem with the product then typically your contractual remedy will be against the supplier, not us. However, we may still be liable to you if we have been in breach of these terms, have been negligent, we have misrepresented important information or have been in breach of any other relevant law.
My Life is Sport uses sophisticated technology in both running its website and in sourcing the product. Very occasionally there may be times when obvious errors occur, for example when a price, product, service or other detail displayed or presented on the website is incorrect. In this case we reserve the right to cancel (or agree an amendment with you in respect of) any contract if it has been entered into and it contains this mistake. This, of course, will be without any liability to you.